Welcome to The Preserve at Wolf Laurel, an affordable private, gated mountain community, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. With an elevation of approximately 4,800 feet, this 1,300 acre master planned community offers long-range views and an ideal climate. Additionally property owners may enjoy a myriad of exciting amenities just outside their door, including championship golf, tennis, swimming, skiing, horseback riding, and miles of hiking trails with direct access to the famous Appalachian Trail.
At The Preserve at Wolf Laurel, you'll find a selection of new homesteads boasting big mountain views and spectacular settings in which to build your retreat. You'll also be impressed by our Mountain Cabins which offer great value for your money.
With membership in the Wolf Laurel Country Club, property owners may enjoy play on one of the highest golf courses east of the Rocky Mountains. The highest point is a spectacular 4,800 feet, while the lowest is a still high 3,595 feet. And tee to green elevations can change as much as 310 feet on one hole!
Our cool mountain air ensures enjoyable playing temperatures throughout the height of summer. Designed by William Lewis, this 18-hole, par-72 course offers challenging play to golfers of all levels of skill. A beautifully verdant forest setting and breathtaking mountain vistas at every turn make the Wolf Laurel Golf Course a remarkably scenic layout, while the absence of parallel fairways means the sounds of nature will surround you throughout your round.
- 18-hole championship golf course, one of the highest in east of the Rocky Mountains, designed by William Lewis.
- Stables and horse trails, includes riding trails, riding ring, barn and many well trained horses, as well as friendly and knowledgeable guides. Beginner to intermediate riders will enjoy 360 views of from the miles of ridging trails.
- Hiking Trails. Miles of managed trail systems various lengths that will thrill the hiking enthusiast and offer views of waterfalls, . Residents enjoy their own acres to the exciting Appalachian Trail, a 2,000 mile trail stretching from Maine to Georgia.
- Skiing. Independently owned and located next to the Wolf Laurel Resort, Ski Wolf Laurel offers something for beginning skiers, as well as experts. This popular ski area has 54 acres of groomed trails, 14 runs up to one mile in length, and 100% snowmaking capabilities. With top elevations of 4,650' and the base at 3,950', the vertical drop is an exhilarating 700'. Ski Wolf Laurel's entire slope is lighted for night skiing and includes both a double and quad chairlift.
- Fine Dinning. Enjoy fine dining at the lovely clubhouse situated in an incomparable mountain setting. Take in spectacular views while being treated to your choice of casual or exquisite award-winning cuisine.
- Fishing. A stocked trout pond with a covered overlook and fishing pier
- Majestic outdoor pavilion provides seating for 150+ and includes an outdoor kitchen, stacked stone fireplace and restroom facilities for the adjoining heated pool.
- Tennis enthusiast may enjoy play on three courts. A first class facility, the tennis complex is for the enjoyment of the community situated to take full advantage of the natural beauty that surrounds The Preserver at Wolf Laurel.
- Nestled in a lovely setting in the Village, the private Wolf Laurel swimming pool affords comfortably heated water that may be enjoyed even on cool evenings. One of the many amenities and activities available here, the pool offers an entertaining and relaxing retreat – a favorite excursion for family members of all ages!
- Community playground, a perfect place for the little ones to find an adventure. Built of native timbers with twig railings, the tree house offers an excellent vantage point for spotting all manner of opponents for the position of king of the mountain. With several entertaining play structures, this charming spot will be sure to please the youngest members of your family.
- Just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, ranked by Barron’s among the Top 20 Places in the World to Live and one of the most sought-after markets in the country
Real Estate Offerings
- Single Family Homes
- Great homesites with remarkable views
- Single family homes beginning in the $300s
- Homesites beginning at $79,900 (at least 1 acre)
- The Preserve at Wolf Laurel, 18 Holes, William Lewis Design
Golf Course Details
- The Preserve at Wolf Laurel Golf Course
- Par: 74
- Rating: 70.5
- Slope: 134
- Yardage: 5,874 yards from championship tees